We appreciate you for choosing us and for using our services. We would like to explain to you what we do with the data that you share with us.
When you register on any of our platforms, you generate a user that allows you to operate on all the others. We want you to sell, buy, and so on, as quickly and easily as possible. This is why we have integrated your information in all the products comprised in Compralocas.
If you provide inaccurate or false information, the services we provide may be suspended or your account disabled. Please note that we may suspend or disable your account if you do not comply with the Privacy Notice or the website Terms and conditions of use.
To comply with any measure stated in the privacy notice or due to a legal duty, it is possible that we may have to store some of the personal data that you have asked us to erase. After those requirements are met, we will erase your data.
Online privacy requires a joint effort of companies and users. We have strong security measures to protect your data. We need you to take care of your privacy, too.
If you want to file a complaint on how we process your personal data, you can access the channels offered by the company, and if such a claim is not resolved after making use of all the resources offered by Mercado Libre, you can contact the data protection authority that may correspond to your country.
This is how we collect your data:
- When you register or give information using the platform.
- Automatically, just like when you browse our pages.
- From reliable sources (service providers or commercial allies we work with, credit bureaus, public bodies).
Types of data we collect:
- Nickname or pseudonym.
- Name and photo.
- Contact information (telephone number, address, email address, etc.).
- Equity and financial data
- Payment methods.
- Intellectual property rights.
- Information of the device you use to access and IP address.
- Contacts lists.
- Links between accounts and users.
- Transactional information and movements within our platforms.
- Information about your location.
- Certain information about users’ and visitors’ activity within our website and apps.
Processing your information is the basis for giving you an excellent service, so that you can carry out operations quickly and safely and enjoy the functionalities that best adapt to your needs.
Here are some of the purposes for this data processing:
- Provide the products, services and/or benefits offered by the Compralocas platforms.
- Improve our services, develop new ones and offer a better experience with the Compralocas ecosystem.
- Disseminate advertisements and advertising and promotional contacts adapted to your interests.
- Prevent fraud, abuse and related crimes to protect your safety and the sustainability of our entire ecosystem.
- Protect your rights, the rights of other users and the rights of our company.
- Collaborate with the owners of intellectual property in the exercise of their rights.
- Comply with legal obligations and requirements from competent authorities.
Your personal data is protected. We do not sell or commercialize data that may identify you. Nor do we share or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties, with the exception of service providers (third parties that we contract to provide a service following our instructions), commercial allies, other companies in our group, other users, competent authorities, among others.
You can disable cookies and web beacons at any time or unsubscribe from our to receive our promotional emails. But bear in mind that if you disable these technologies you may not be able to use and enjoy all the functionalities that we offer you.
This deactivation procedure is performed differently from browser to browser, so it will be necessary for you to do it for each browser that you use.
If we make changes to the way we process your data, we will notify you through our regular channels, such as email or messages through our applications. In the cases where your approval is necessary, we will get in touch with you through these channels so that you can decide if you give us your consent.