Peace of mind in your shopping
If you pay by E-wallet, we will protect your money until you have your purchase.
When you pay, the seller can see the money in his account, but he has to wait to use it. We did it this way so you have time to receive the product and evaluate it.
In addition, you can choose to have the product delivered to you through Compralocas Shipping and your money will be protected until 7 days after the mail notifies us that you have received the product. You can count on our help!
Although it is not common, if you have any problem with the purchase, we will be there to help you.
The first thing you have to do is to initiate a complaint to your seller. It would be important that you do this as soon as possible and tell us in detail what happened, so we can follow your problem and help you solve it.
If you pay by E-Wallet and you have a problem, we will give you 100% of the money back because your purchase is always protected.
All user information is automatically locked after 3 hours of inactivities.
If you liked a product and have doubts about the seller, we give you some tips to keep in mind:
- Check out the seller’s reputation by checking if he or she has Compralocas’s official badges. If there is a badge, the more the better! Having badges means that he or she is a Market Leader, a seller endorsed by the amount of sales he made, the good experience he provides to his buyers and the compliance with tax regulations.
- If you are looking for a service, we recommend that you read the opinions of the people who have already purchased from him, and if you want to buy something expensive, it is always good to call the advertiser to coordinate a visit and remove all doubts about what you want to buy.
- Read in detail the publication. Carefully review the entire publication: pay attention to the description and the photos to be sure of the sales conditions proposed by the seller. If the product is new, make sure it has a guarantee and that you can return it if necessary.
- Get rid of any doubts. If after reading the entire publication you still have doubts, ask the seller everything you need to know. For example: if you need the invoice of your purchase, ask him a question and make sure he sends it to you.
For more security you can use Compralocas’s recommended E-wallet, your money will be 100% protected until you receive your purchase.
The following options are available:
a) *Bank Transfer: You can transfer the payment directly from your bank account to ours by using the bank information we provide to you upon checkout.
b)*Debit or Credit Card: You can choose this option upon checkout on our website.
c) *E-Wallet: Your user account comes with a wallet account. You can charge up your wallet account and pay with the balance on this wallet account. Consumers also have the option to pay cash at our affiliated store and we can charge up your account immediately.
We recommend this method for fast and seamless shopping. You can charge up this wallet either by credit/debit card, cash and bank transfer. Paying with E-wallet and your purchase will be 100% protected. We will refund your money if the product is not what you expected.
*The following rules apply:
- There is a service charge of 10% plus 0.3USD per transaction by Compralocas.
- The minimum purchase amount must be a minimum of $10USD.
Receiving the product in my house
- Free Shipping by Market Shipping: You will see the shipping cost on each product. You get free shipping on millions of selected products starting at $449.
- Agreement with the seller: If the publication does not have a Shipping method, you can arrange delivery directly with the seller.
Withdrawing the product at a post office
You will see the shipping cost on checkout page. You get free shipping on millions of selected products starting at $449. Once the package is at the branch, we will let you know so you can pick it up.
Check out what you need to bring:
If you pick up the package:
- Valid identification or passport
- A copy of the reference slip or order
If someone of legal age picks up your delivery on behalf of you:
- Valid identification or passport of buyer and the person withdrawing
- Copy of the identification or passport of buyer and the person withdrawing
- Power of attorney
- A copy of the reference slip or order
- Ask for the return of the product
To return a product, find the option “Return or Refund” that appears in the menu of the purchase you no longer want and follow the steps. We will give you a free return label or code to send the product back. Depending on the information we have about the return, sometimes we will ask you to talk to the seller before you get the label or code.
You will also need to talk to the seller if you agreed to deliver with them when you bought. You can do this through the courier service or by initiating a claim from the purchase, if you cannot agree. Please note that in those cases we will not give you a return label or code but we will help you to send your purchase back.
- Prepare the package for shipping
- Before preparing the package, check that the product is in the same condition as you received it, unused and with all its accessories and labels.
- Keep the product in its original packaging or in an alternative one if you do not have it.
- Pack the product. If it is fragile, use safe packaging to protect it.
- Print the label and stick it or write the return code on the package.
- Deliver the package to the post office.
- If you bought more than one unit of the same product, you must return all items to get your money back.
- Get your money back
We will make the refund within 3 weeks after the product arrives, once we check if it complies with the return policies. However, sometimes we can make the refund as soon as you deliver the product, so that you have the money faster.
Once we make the refund, you will be able to see all the details about the amount, place and day of credit of the money from the state of your purchase.
For more information you can check the accreditation times of each payment method.
How long do I have to send the product?
The label or code we give you is valid for 7 days. If for any reason you cannot deliver the package to the post office during this time, you can ask us for another label or code. To do so, you will have to start the return with the option “Return or refund”.
What happens if I regret returning?
If you wish, you can cancel the return. And if you want to return the product later, you can start over, as long as the 7 days since you received the product have not passed.
Products can be returned free of charge, no matter what the reason.
There are only a few specific products that are not returnable. In that case, you can agree on a solution with the seller by initiating a claim if you need to.
What are the requirements for returning a product?
State of the product
You have 30 straight days to return it since it arrived.
If you regretted buying the product or it is different from what you ordered:
– It must be free of misuse marks and just as you received it.
– It must have its accessories, manuals and labels.
If the product has a problem or is incomplete:
– When you return it and we check it, it must be in the same condition as you described when you made your claim.
When do I get my money back?
We will make the refund within 3 weeks after the product arrives, once we check if it complies with the return policy. However, sometimes we can make the refund as soon as you deliver the product, so that you have the money faster.
Once we make the refund, you will see all the details about the amount, place and day of credit of the money from the state of your purchase.
For more information, you can check the credit terms of each payment method.
Where will I be reimbursed?
We refund the money in the same payment method you used to buy.
You can return all the products you buy on Compralocas except those in the following categories:
- Food and Beverages
- Animals and Pets
- Baby Food
- Earrings (jewelry)
- Beauty and personal care
- Tickets for events
- Hygiene and baby care
- Products for Adults
- Underwear and sleepwear
- Health and medical equipment
- Sports Supplements
- To make a cancellation, look for the “Cancel Purchase” option.
- In the menu of the purchase you no longer want to receive, choose the option “Cancel purchase” and follow the steps that we will detail.
- There is a charge for refund if the transaction involves any use of third party payment system such as Paypal. That being said, we will do our to meet your request.
- If you do not have the option “Cancel purchase” available, you must choose send us an email at [email protected] and discuss your situation with us. At that time we will ask you to write a message to open a claim and you can start the cancellation process.
- If the package was not shipped, we will cancel your purchase and refund the total amount minus any charges related to using payment system.
- If the package has already been shipped, you can refuse the purchase when it arrives or not pick it up from the mail.
- If you have already received your purchase, you can check how to make a free return.
- The mail will return the package to the seller and we will tell you the date when you will receive a full refund.
- The time of accreditation of your money depends on the time of accreditation of each means of payment.
- A seller can cancel a purchase for running out of stock, regretting the sale, having problems with the mail, among others.
- Whatever the reason, you will receive a full refund.
- The time it takes for the refund to be credited depends on the crediting times of each payment method.
- Whenever you buy using E-Wallet, you will be protected by our Platform.
- As we want to avoid this type of behavior, each cancellation affects the reputation of the seller and can lead to the suspension or even disqualification of their selling account.
- After the cancellation of the purchase, the time it takes for the refund to be credited depends on the payment method where you receive the money.
- Generally, we make refunds to the same payment method you used to purchase.
- However, sometimes we offer the refund using other payment methods instead of the original payment method if you pay by credit or debit card, so you receive the money immediately and don’t have to wait.
Opinions and Reviews
Once you have your product, you can leave a comment about the seller on their product section and the consumer control panel.
Unfortunately, the seller may have blocked you. To be sure, check with other publications to see if you’re managing to ask questions. If you are and the seller doesn’t accept questions, you may still be able to buy a similar product from another seller.
If you think your account has been suspended, contact us.
Charges and Billing
Publishing a product in Compralocas is free, always. Keep in mind:
- In some types of publication you will pay a cost when you sell and it will depend on the category of the product.
- The price of your product has to be higher than $10USD. If you want to sell products of lower value, put together kits and offer them together in the same publication.
Types of Membership Plans
Learn about the characteristics of the different types of membership plan and choose the one that best suits your business. Visit https://cr.compralocas.com/vendor-membership for pricing information.
Every day we bill the charges and you will be able to see them on your Billing. You will only have a monthly due date and we will send you a reminder by e-mail 5 days before.
How to pay your bill
You must always pay your bill in full. And you can also pay in advance for charges not yet billed. You can pay by credit/debit cards, Paypal, E-Wallet and direct bank transfer.
Stick to automatic debit to keep up to date!
If you choose this payment method, we will charge your billing periods on the due date. When you sign up, you can choose from the payment methods you already have registered or add a new one.
If you don’t have enough money available in your account or your credit card ran out of balance and the charge cannot be made, we will notify you by e-mail and you can always pay your bill manually.
Activate it from Billing > Join automatic debit, under Period movements, and choose the payment method.
You can cancel it whenever you want!
Do you have overdue invoices? You can sign up anyway. We will try to collect your outstanding invoices as soon as you confirm your subscription. If for any reason we cannot collect them, we will notify you by email so that you can pay them manually.
Once you purchase our membership plan, you can view the invoice on the vendor control panel.
Withholding taxes are taxes that are deducted from sales payments. Since we are collection agents before SAT, by law in some cases we must withhold a percentage of the money that is received from sales. That money withheld is then given to SAT and we issue a certificate so that the salesmen reached can use it as a form of payment, as long as they have their RFC uploaded in My Data.
First, make sure that the time for your payment has passed. The crediting time on your bill varies depending on the payment method you used.
If the due date has passed, you can pay your bill now.
Until you pay, you will have the following restrictions:
- You will not be able to collect the sales of your active publications.
If you are registered as a real estate agent and/or dealer:
- As your invoice is due, your publications have been cancelled and you are suspended from publishing. If you pay within the first 30 days, we will activate your published articles.
After I pay, what should I do?
When you pay your bill in full, we will remove the restrictions. However, please note that payment may take time to clear, depending on the medium you have chosen.
We consider a sale to be cancelled each time the buyer receives his money back before you have delivered the product, regardless of who requested the cancellation.
You cancel a sale when:
- From the detail of the sale you choose “Cancel sale”.
- In your Compralocas account or from an open claim you choose “Return Money”.
Keep in mind that product returns are not considered cancelled sales.
How do cancellations affect me?
If more than 2.5% of your sales are cancelled, your account may be suspended for selling, as stated in our policies.
In addition, sales cancelled by you intentionally affect your reputation as our community constantly monitors sellers.
How can I avoid cancellations?
- Try to always publish with stock and keep your inventory synchronized between what you sell on Compralocas and what you sell by other means.
- Always check and update your publications so that buyers know clearly what you are offering.
- Make sure your prices are up to date.
Which cancelled sales don’t hurt me?
- When a product does not arrive because the mail has a problem.
- Those sales that we cancel because of an inconvenience that had nothing to do with you or your buyer.
What about cancellations of services or reservations?
Every time a service or vehicle reservation is cancelled, your reputation and your cancelled sales metrics will be affected just like when a product sale is cancelled.
If you are paid by Compralocas, we take care of the money until it reaches you.
Since we monitor payments 24 hours a day to confirm that everything is correct, you never have to worry.
If you see the payment credited, it means you can deliver the product with absolute confidence.
We will keep the money in your account with maximum security. When you want to withdraw it, we will deliver to you using trusted and established payment methods such as Paypal, wire transfer, Payoneer or Skrill etc.
We help you if problems arise.
If there is a problem with a purchase, it is possible that someone will make a claim against you. Don’t worry, most of the time these are simple misunderstandings that are resolved very quickly. We’ll let you know as soon as we receive your complaint and tell you how to proceed. If necessary, we can mediate to help you reach a solution.
To be edited.
Advertising & Marketing
It is the advertising tool that allows you to promote your publications within Compralocas to increase your sales and reach more buyers. Your ads will be seen in exclusive places
With Product Ads your ads will be seen in the search listings and on the product pages of other vendors.
Learn more about how your ads will look
- You choose how much to invest per day
- You can assign the daily budget you want and modify it at any time. The daily budget is the maximum amount you will pay per day to promote your publications. As they click on your ads we will deduct the cost from this amount, you will never pay more than what you assigned.
- To hire Product Ads you must be a seller with a reputation from yellow onwards, have made at least 20 sales and have no outstanding invoices.
When a buyer performs a search we will show him, among the results, your promoted publications that match this search.
These will be shown in prominent places with respect to the rest of the results and will increase the chances that buyers will see your ad and make the purchase.
Also if a buyer enters a publication of another seller, on the product page we will show your promoted publications that are related to that product to increase your chances of selling.
Promoting your publications is very easy:
- We suggest you an amount to get the best results.
- You choose the amount you want to invest and we will automatically activate advertising in all your publications. You will be able to pause the ads of those publications you do not want to promote.
- We will show your ads and only charge you for each click on them.
- We will deduct the cost per click from your daily budget.
When your budget runs out, we will stop showing your ads until the next day your budget is renewed.
When you hire advertising you define the budget you want to invest per day to promote your publications.
You will never pay more than what you have defined per day and you can modify the budget whenever you want.
You only pay for each click on your ads
Cost per click is an advertising billing model. With this model you will only pay for each click you receive on your ads and not for the number of times it is viewed.
The cost per click varies according to the price of the publication, the product, the category it is in, the device from which the ad is viewed, the day and time it is clicked on, among other factors.
If you did not reach the daily clicks with the budget you assigned, do not worry, you will only pay the amount you used.
In your Compralocas vendor account in the Billing section you will see detailed charges for advertising. You will pay your charges together at the close of your monthly bill.
You can follow day by day the charges that you are accumulating from Movements of the current period in your Billing summary.
When a buyer performs a search, the results that are shown first depend on many variables: the reputation of the sellers, the quality of the data sheet, the sales of the publication, among others.
This logic is also used to determine which promoted publications to display. The ads that are most likely to be successful with Product Ads are those that received sales or visits and are better positioned on Compralocas. These are the ones we prioritize because they are really the most attractive to buyers.
Tips for Brand Sellers
Managing your business
Customers will be expecting a quick and helpful response when they have questions about your products. To keep a good reputation you should have customer service specialists who know the products, the details of shipping methods, delivery times, and that can answer within a 24 hour range to customer inquiries.
Selling internationally also includes handling customer support. It is recommended that you have your own team to assist your customers on the products they have questions about.
All contents must be in Spanish and no exceptions. That being said, you can still contact us as we will figure out what we can do to help.
Yes, absolutely. In fact, our experience shows that manually translated content performs much better than automatically translated content (both for search and sales conversion).
No, there is no limit to the number of SKUs you can list. However, we conduct reviews on products being submitted and will suspend products that violate the local law.
Yes, when you upload your products you should take in consideration the following restrictions:
Dimension and weight:
The dimension and weight restrictions according to site and carrier can be seen in the Dimensions Restrictions Document.
Each country has its own import regulations. You can see all restricted
Reputation & opinions
Please note these rules before requesting a review of a claim or refund. They will help you know which cases can be excluded and which cannot.
In these cases, we understand that the claim or refund is valid and we cannot intervene to exclude it.
- The claim or refund is open or associated with an open mediation. Please remember to close them before initiating an exclusion request.
- The product is defective or different from the published one.
- The buyer received fewer products than they purchased or received the product with fewer parts than advertised in the posting.
- If the buyer is instructed not to open a claim with any negative context towards Compralocas.
- The buyer does not receive the product because it was not shipped or shipped out of time or because of a lack of stock.
- The buyer claims it is a fake product. Remember to be very explicit about what you are selling.
- If the seller did not answer the courier in the established time (8 working hours from the first contact of the buyer, regardless of the time from 9:00 pm to 8:00 am the next day).
- If your claim is within this list, it will affect your reputation. Check the cause to offer a better experience in future sales.
- Cases in which you can request an exclusion.
- We understand that there are cases in which a claim may be unfair and we can intervene to prevent the claim from causing a change in your reputation.
- The buyer initiated the claim in error.
- The buyer does not recognize the purchase.
- The buyer did not receive the product but the shipment appears “delivered”.
- The buyer regrets the purchase, but the product is in perfect condition.
- The buyer used the complaint as a means of contact.
- The buyer initiates a claim due to delays in the mail or problems with Compralocas, but the delivery time is within the established period. (Applies to shipments with Compralocas or others).
- The complaint is associated with a problem that affects Compralocas’s platform globally.
- The complaint was initiated by competition or revenge.
- It is still in the established time to respond to the courier (8hs working from the first contact of the buyer).
- The buyer wants to change his product of auto parts, clothing, bags and shoes for another size or model.
- Cases in which there was an unauthorized entry to the account, fraudulent transactions, or an incorrect suspension by Compralocas.
If you have a particular case that is not listed, it can be reviewed by a Customer Service representative to determine whether or not the claim should be excluded. Remember that if the claim does not correspond to the period in which we measure your reputation, it will not affect you.
You can log on to your seller’s account to change your information.
For the login/Signup, choose I forget my password and you will be redirected to get a new password.
Recover your password every time
In case your password is stolen or forgotten, you will be able to access your account with the e-mail you registered with.
Keep in mind that it is much faster and safer to do it with your cell phone. When you need it, we will send you a code that will help you to enter.
At Compralocas we take care of the money until it reaches you.
Since we monitor payments 24 hours a day to confirm that everything is correct, you never have to worry. If you see the payment credited, it means you can deliver the product with absolute confidence.
We will keep the money in your account with maximum security. If you want to withdraw, you can use Paypal, direct bank transfer or other methods as provided.
We help you if problems arise
If there is a problem with a purchase, it is possible that someone will make a claim against you. Don’t worry, most of the time these are simple misunderstandings that are resolved very quickly.
We’ll let you know as soon as we receive your complaint and tell you how to proceed. If necessary, we can mediate to help you reach a solution.
Sales, Collection, Shipping & Storage
Did you have your first sale? Here are some tips to keep in mind if you have already received an offer in your publication. Pay attention if it behaves strangely.
Be aware if:
- He is in a hurry or asks you to send him the product before paying you.
- He wants to take any product if you no longer have stock of the one he bought.
- You change your address or shipping method.
- He doesn’t give you a phone number where you can contact him.
- The information he gave you does not match the information he has on the site.
Take the initiative
If a few days go by and he doesn’t contact you, you call him to get the sale on track.
Collect with E-Wallet, our official payment platform
This is the safest way to get paid.
We will also send you an email to inform you that you made a sale and that means your money is credited. Check carefully that the e-mails you receive end up in @compralocas.com to make sure it is an official notice. We will not use any phone to confirm payments or data.
The money will be in your account but, you will be able to use it when these terms are fulfilled:
- If you use Compralocas Shipping, have a reputation as a seller and the product is new, you will have your money available 7 days after the product is delivered.
- If you use Compralocas Shipping and you do not have a reputation as a seller or the product is used, you will have your money available 3 weeks after having delivered the product. Check your reputation.
- If you ship on your own you will be able to use the money 3 weeks after the buyer receives the product, no need for him to confirm it! However, if you let us know that everything is OK, you will get your money immediately.
Creating discounts will allow you to appear in the Offers section. Only the best get a place, so offer the best you can.
Which publications can offer discounts?
Most publications can offer discounts.
How long can my discount last?
You can put up for up to 7 days of validity. When you want to remove it, you can do it from the Discount list.
What happens if I modify my publication?
- If you lower the price of your publication, we will maintain the initial price-discount relationship. For example, if your publication was initially $ 1,000 and had 20%, when you lower the price to $ 750 the discount will be 25% on the new price.
- If you raise the price of your publication you will stop offering the discount and if it then meets the requirements again, you will be able to offer it again.
- If you pause your publication you will also stop offering the discount. If you make any other changes, the discount will remain the same.
You can withdraw the money for a fee to Paypal or a third party money transfer platform. From Paypal, money can then be transferred to a bank account.
You will have the money in the bank 1 to 5 business day after making the withdrawal.
To be announced.
Stay calm, we are going to help you.
The first thing you can do is check the date you asked for the withdrawal, keep in mind that it takes up to 7 working days to be credited.
If the credit period has passed, search your statement by date or by the exact amount. You can also search by the withdrawal code that we sent you in the confirmation e-mail, and you will find it for sure!
In case there is an error or some of the transfer data is incorrect, the bank rejects the credit of the money, we return the full amount to your E-Wallet account and send you an e-mail telling you the reason.
If you still can’t see it, tell us what the withdrawal is and we’ll see in more detail what happened.
When you pack your product, make sure you respect the 3 maximum measurements allowed so that the collection will accept it when you ship it:
- You can measure up to 330 cm adding the three dimensions (height, length x 2 and width x 2). We take as “length” the largest measure.
- No side can be longer than 120 cm.
- It can have up to 68 kg of real weight.
The package is the first contact the buyer has with your product, and in this case, first impressions count – leaving nothing to chance is the best way to ensure happy buyers!
Packaging is a fundamental part of the shopping experience. Take into account these five factors to become an expert, and leave your mark from the minute zero.
The first step is to have all the necessary materials available. If, instead of solving each wrapping at the bullfight and with what is at hand when the sale is made, you plan to buy the bags, boxes, tape and other necessary utensils beforehand, the results will be neater and the dispatches faster: a key factor for your reputation. By being proactive, you not only save time, but you can also save money, by buying in quantity, either in a trash can or from one of the many suppliers within Compralocas.
Your packages are going to travel many miles, so it is essential that the material left outside is resistant. Avoid wrapping the products in paper, because it is very likely that they will not resist the trip: plastic bags designed for e-commerce or stretch film are better options. You can buy bags from us. Official Store of Compralocas.
If you opt for a box, make sure it is strong enough to support the weight of what is inside and always close it with packing tape (painter’s tape or tweezers do not count as safe options in this case).
Keep in mind that the products move around a lot inside the box: to avoid knocks (especially if it is fragile!), fill in the gaps with a filler, such as paper or bubble wrap. If what you are shipping is a liquid, then always wrap the package with an insulating material, to avoid leaks.
The package is the first contact the buyer has with our product, and first impressions count. It is not merely an aesthetic issue: the presentation adds to the brand image and, above all, to the perception of quality. If they are good, this has a direct impact on the repurchase rate. That’s why it pays to give the packaging an extra helping hand. Searching for references or ideas on the Internet on how to present products in a pleasant way always adds value. It is not a question of investing a lot of money: simple resources such as a nice package, a label with a logo or an original detail are enough to give you a differential.
A not insignificant item when assembling packaging is to take into consideration the impact it will have on the environment. Gestures as simple as choosing recyclable and biodegradable materials (replacing polystyrene with recycled paper buns, for example) and taking care that the dimensions of the packaging are proportional to the size of what we are shipping (to avoid inefficient use of materials), make a big difference.
The label is key in the logistic process of dispatch: it has all the information about the recipient, and it is the tool that allows to follow the route of the package.
It prints the labels as you see them when they are downloaded, without modifying the size. Make sure that the print is clear and that it is attached without wrinkles: this way, there will be no problems in scanning the barcode.
If you have a lot of sales, a thermal printer can be a good investment: it prints at high speed, directly on a roll of self-adhesive paper. More practical, impossible!
If you already have the thermal printer, you can configure it in your Free Market account, from the Market Shipment menu, within Sales. There, two types of files will be created: a .txt file for each label, to be sent to print directly, and a second file with a detailed summary of the tracking numbers and description of the products.
For each listing you will need to specify:
Product identifier: A global identification number such as a UPC, EAN, or ISBN number
Product title: A concise description of the product
Product description: The product description provides detailed information about the product.
Product images: Click here for requirement
Having good photos is key to make your product look good and have a quality publication.
Know the best tips to meet the goal, and get a better place in the listings.
If you have publications with photos to review, correct them as soon as possible so you don’t lose exposure!
Pure white background only
- Your first photo should have a pure white background digitally created with an image editor. Make your product look great!
- Photos taken in front of a wall, or in front of a white sheet could cause your publication to lose exposure.
- Your first photo cannot show the product inside the package.
Don’t know how to edit your photos? There are several tools to do so on the Internet, for example Remove.bg, which allows you to create a pure white background in a few steps.
Don’t add extras to your images
Let nothing distract you from your product! Please note not to add:
- Logos or watermarks.
- Borders or banners.
- QR codes.
Do not include conditions of sale
- Do not use promotional banners. If you have something else to say about your product, add it to the description.
- If you need to say something about the shipping conditions, add it in the description.
Make sure they are not blurry
- Make sure your photos are in focus and well lit. Not too bright, not too dark: make sure the product details look good.
- To show off your product more, we recommend that your photos have 1200 x 1200 px so that your buyers can zoom in.
When you publish, we will ask that your images have at least 500 px on one side.
Shows only one model per photo
- Use only photos of the product you are publishing and do not show several together.
- If you want to offer other colors or models in your publication, you will have to create variants.
Only use photos that you have taken yourself
- If you use photos from the Internet, make sure they are free to use and do not infringe on copyright. If you do, we may be able to pause your publication.
- Be sure to avoid any claims by taking pictures of the exact product you offer.
- Show it from different angles so that your buyers see exactly what you offer and so that brand owners can corroborate that you offer original products.
In the following photos
From the second image of your publication, you can show your product from different angles. Keep these general tips in mind for the rest of your images:
- Show your product in context. Do it only from the second image. If you need to show its dimensions, make sure you complete the technical sheet.
- Use the variants to upload the size and color of your product. This way, your buyers will also be able to find your publication using the search filters.
- Do not include contact information. Keep in mind not to include data such as e-mails, telephone numbers, links to social networks in any of your images to avoid penalties.
- Do not use images downloaded from the Internet. If you do, you may infringe copyright and we may pause your post. Only upload photos of your products that you have taken yourself.
- Keep in mind the minimum size – make sure your photos are not blurry! They must be at least 500 pixels on one side. We recommend 1200 x 1200, so they can be zoomed. Remember that this point applies to all your images.
- Show your product packaging. You can do this only from the second image.
The title is the key for buyers to find your product. That’s why it should be as explicit as possible.
Remember that you can make all the changes you need from the publication detail while you don’t have any sales.
- Generate the title with Product + Brand + product model + some specifications that help identify the product.
- Indicate the real brand of your product to avoid intellectual property violations and claims from your buyers.
- If your product is generic or has no brand, always clarify that it is “compatible with” other brands.
- Do not imply that your product is a different brand from the real one or mention brands over which you do not have rights or that do not correspond to your product.
- Do not use other brands to describe your product or words such as: “simile”, “type”, etc.
- Please note that these types of violations may result in the suspension or even disabling of your account.
- Avoid using information from other services in the title, such as returns, free shipping or installment payments, because that information will be seen by your buyers next to the product, without having to enter the publication.
- If your product is new, used or reconditioned, don’t include it in the title, upload it to the features and we’ll show it in the post detail.
- If you sell the same product but with different colors, do not put the color in the title. It is better to create variants, so everything will be in one publication.
- If you only have stock of a certain color, load the color when you publish or in the features section so that your buyers read the complete data sheet, but you can add it in the title since it would be a publication that only sells a variant.
- If you make a discount we will also indicate it by showing the percentage of the promotion, we also have a special label to draw attention to it. There is no need to add it to the title.
- Separate the words with spaces, do not use punctuation or symbols.
- Check for spelling errors.
For example: Notebook HP Dual Core 425 LED 14 320 GB 4 GB Wifi HDMI
Write the important specifications in your data sheet, this way all the relevant information is well organized and easily available for your buyers.
Surely under the title you will find information to complete the technical file of your product. For example, if you sell cell phones, we will ask you to tell us which model it is, and what its internal memory capacity is.
With this information, your publication will be more complete and the buyer will have more information to choose from.
What information should I fill in?
It is the information that identifies or describes your product, such as brand and model. Your buyers will find it in your publication.
If any of the information we ask you for does not apply to your product, don’t worry, you can indicate it by marking N/A, explain why and it will not affect your exhibition.
They are unique codes that serve to identify each product from all the rest. It can be an EAN, ISBN, UPC, it depends on what you sell. You can find it next to the bar code, on the product or on its box.
The details, in the description
If you missed some details that you couldn’t put in the data sheet, the text-only description is the ideal place. Be brief and organize the information in the form of a list, separating it with dashes so that it is easy for the buyer to read.
Now you can upload up to 10 photos per product to show what you are selling, so the buyer can get to know it better.
Check out the tips for taking good photos. Follow our advice and enjoy these benefits.
By organizing information in this way you can benefit from all this:
- Your descriptions will look good on all devices and download faster.
- We can use the data to make search filters to find you more easily.
- You will have better exposure, as completing your data sheet will give you a better place in the listings.
Just as people have a document number, products have a code that identifies them. Completing them will help us to know better what you are selling to give more information to your buyers. Don’t worry! We won’t show it in your publication.
If you sell cell phones, for example, and you tell us the brand, model and its code, we will be able to know exactly what you are selling and soon we will be able to show other specifications such as dimensions, screen size, etc. without you having to complete them.
How do I recognize my product code?
- It is numerical
- It is between 8 and 14 digits
- It can be an EAN, ISBN, UPC, depending on what you sell.
- It can be found next to the bar code, on the product box or on its packaging.
If you have any doubts, we recommend you check the manufacturer’s information. You can also download an application that scans barcodes to verify that it is an EAN, UPC, GTIN, ISBN, JAN or other.
What do I do if my product does not have a code?
We recommend that you contact the manufacturer or distributor to verify that your product does not have a code. If they confirm that it comes from the factory without a code, or your product is manufactured, you can indicate that it does not apply (N/A) when you complete your technical form or leave it incomplete.
What is the full code if I offer more than one product in a publication?
If you sell kits or combos, complete the code of the main product. If you offer the same product in different colors, materials, etc., we recommend you to create variants in your publications.
Do you have any doubts? Learn more about the universal code.
If you offer a product in different colors, materials, or other features that do not imply a change in price, include all its variants in the same publication. This is how it works:
- Buyers will be able to see all the variants you offer in the same publication.
- You will save time because you won’t receive any unnecessary questions.
- You will accumulate sales and visits in the same publication.
- It will help your reputation, because you will know exactly what the buyer wants and you will be able to dispatch them faster.
If you sell headphones, for example, add a variant for the color red, another for the color black, etc. If you sell jams, it could be their orange, peach or strawberry flavors.
How do I create variants?
When you publish…
When you publish some products (such as clothes, shoes, accessories) we will ask you to indicate colors, sizes and quantity for each combination.
Modifying the publication…
You can create variants in the detail of your publication. Along with your product’s features, you will find a menu of actions to Create Variants or “Create Custom Feature” to choose why your product varies. Note that you cannot create them from the mass editor or from the app.
Make your publications more successful and attractive
To achieve this, we recommend you:
- Upload a photo for each color you publish. Tips for taking good photos.
- Complete all the information you have about the product. Make a complete description and also tell us the technical specifications.
- If you also sell outside Compralocas, make sure you update your stock.
For local and international vendors who use our warehouses and fulfillment centres, we will report to you when your products get shipped to you clients. If you use your own shipping resources, you are expected to inform your customers and us of the arrival day through Compralocas vendor control panel.
We strongly recommend all products be delivered immediately upon receiving a paid order from the consumers. Failure to do so will result in blacklisting of your stores or even membership cancellation.
If you want to get more hits we recommend you:
- Use Compralocas Shipping to your product posting.
- Offer free shipping.
- Ship your products without delay.
- Respond on time to your buyers’ questions.
- Have your descriptions in text format.
- Complete the technical specifications of your publications.
- Upload good photos. It gives you more sales opportunities!
Keep in mind that it is also essential that you monitor your reputation and that your publications meet quality objectives.
What are the characteristics of the customized products
First of all you must meet these requirements:
- It contains parts that were replaced.
- It has been tested to ensure proper operation.
- Looks like new.
- Includes the main accessories.
When assembling your publication…
Make sure you give all the information to the buyer so he or she knows what the product he or she is about to buy will look like.
Select the “reconditioned” option. This way, buyers will be able to find you more easily with the search filters.
It is required that for this type of product you offer 90 days, or more! The longer the period, the more confidence you will give the buyers to choose you.
Use this space to tell all the details. Did you change all their parts or only some of them? Do they have any kind of defect?
Always keep in mind that if your description is incomplete, the buyer might want to return the product and this could affect your reputation.
You can do all this from your publication list. If you have many, we recommend you use the mass editor.
If you publish new products, they will automatically become inactive when you run out of stock. If you want to reactivate your publication, you can do it individually, or massively, from the mass editor.
If, on the other hand, you sell used products, your publications will automatically end when you run out of stock. If you want to reactivate them, you have to create a new post.
Once your products are published, you cannot pause them.
You can delete a post whenever it is inactive. Please note that once deleted, you will not be able to retrieve it.
Republish a product
You can republish without changes or modify the publication before doing so.
If it is inactive, and you want to reactivate it, make sure you do it before 60 days have passed, that way you will keep the sales, visits and questions pending. Keep in mind that if you edit the title we will consider it a new publication, and it will lose the amount of visits and accumulated sales.
Republishing a vehicle, property or service
If you republish within 60 days, you keep the visits.
But in addition, properties can be republished free of charge within 30 days, although without exposure on the home pages.
Learn how to modify your publications and choose the way that best suits your needs.
You have several ways to modify your publications.
If you want to modify one by one, you can do it by entering the detail of each one from your publication list. There you can make changes, see and improve the quality of each publication.
However, if you need to make several modifications, or see many publications at once in table form, we suggest the mass editor. Just filter the publications you want to edit and choose Mass Modify. If you prefer, you can choose to do it offline with an excel spreadsheet by choosing, from the mass editor, Modify in Excel.
If you have already received sales, you can change everything except the category, the title and the condition (new/used).
If you want to sell the same thing again, choose Reactivate. To sell something similar but not the same, choose Publish similar.
Properties and Vehicles
In the publications of the type ‘Publish it until you sell it’ of properties, you will only be able to change price and telephone. In the vehicle publications you can also change the mileage.
First of all, we do not allow what the law does not allow
If you have doubts about a product, first of all find out if it is legal to sell it. Basically, if the law doesn’t allow it, we don’t either. For example: drugs, prescription drugs, endangered animals and several others. Posting prohibited products is a violation of our policies.
It is very important that you are sure before you post because, in addition to removing posts that do not comply with our policies, each violation is recorded in a history and we can suspend your account.
Intellectual property rights are those that a person or a company has to protect its brands, logos, literary and artistic works, designs, images or inventions, among other creations.
That is why at Compralocas we have rules that prohibit offering counterfeit products or including content in your publication that makes an inappropriate use of trademarks or violates a copyright.
Know what you can do to publish without infringing third party rights.
Always offer original products
- Please note that we do not allow you to offer forgeries, copies or replicas of other brands’ products.
- Always keep your purchase invoice. We may ask you for it in case a right holder finds a possible infringement by a counterfeit product.
Avoid misusing trademarks in your publication
- If your product is generic, but compatible with others of the brand you mention in your publication, clarify it in the title and in your description. You can use expressions like “compatible with the brand…” or “for the brand…” to clarify it. In these cases, also make sure you do not write the name of those brands in the technical specifications.
- If your product is generic, include that term in the “Brand” field or the name of your actual brand.
- Avoid using words like “simile”, “type” or “replica” to refer to trademarks that you do not own.
- If you sell customized products, make sure you do not include or use logos or trademarks on your products. For example, you may offer printed T-shirts, but you may not post a product that is using a trademark logo, or that could be confused with a trademark product.
- If you edit the images in your post, make sure you do not use any third party logos or trademarks superimposed on your photos. Doing so may expose your publication to both trademark and copyright infringement.
- Do not imply that you are an official distributor of a brand without proper authorization.
Create your own content in the publication
In this way, you can protect your publication from copyright infringement.
- Take your own photos. Please note that if you download photos from the Internet, you may infringe the copyright of others. Learn more image tips.
- Write the description yourself. If you copy your product description or, for example, synopsis copies of a book into your publication, you may be infringing on copyright.
As part of the Brand Protection Program, rights holders can report publications that they believe are infringing their intellectual property.
Learn about the step-by-step process of filing a report to find out what to do and what to expect at each step of the process.
- The rights holder sends the report
When you receive it, we will notify you by e-mail that we have paused your publication and you will see it marked as “Inactive by report” in the list of Publications. Find out the reasons for your complaint.
Make sure you answer on time. If your publication received a report and you do not respond within four days, it will be automatically cancelled.
- Send your response
To respond, you can send documentation that proves you are not infringing rights. For example, purchase invoices that prove that the product is original, or authorization from the rights holder to offer their products.
If you received a complaint about the images in your publication, you will also have the option of correcting them and sending them in response to the rights holder.
- Rights holder reviews your response
You will have four days to review what you sent and respond.
If you accept the response or do not respond within four days, your post will be reactivated.
If you do not accept the response or do not send your response in time, your post will be permanently removed from the site.